"Well, we -- I think there's probably work to do in a number of locations in Europe, mostly because we still have to sort out a number of charging issues," Musk said on Tesla's fourth-quarter earnings call. "Because the -- even though the EU is sort of one market economically. It's certainly not one market from an electricity standpoint. So we're sorting through a number of charging issues over there. And I think that's what's slowing down our [indiscernible] temporarily, but we feel confident about addressing those in the very near term and expect that the sales will do -- will pick up quite a bit over in Europe."
Outside of Tesla's European announcement, Morgan Stanley continued to pound the tablet on Tesla as being more than an auto manufacturer, especially as it relates to the recently announced Gigafactory.
"Tesla's Gigafactory targets exceed our expectations in terms of both scale and implied cost per kWH," analyst Adam Jonas wrote in a research note. "Our N. American Electric Utilities team sees major potential for a continued trend of distributed energy generation with potential benefits to Tesla."
Jonas recently raised the price target on Tesla to $320, noting that depending on the success of the Gigafactory, "there is significant potential for revenue streams not captured in our $320 price target."-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV