NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- UBS increased its target price on United Technologies (UTX - Get Report) to $130 and set a "buy" rating. The firm cited UTX's smaller pension deficit as the reason for the increase.
The stock was rising 1.01% to $117.94 at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday.
Must Read: Jim Cramer: The Follow-the-Futures Playbook
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 51.92% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UTX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.22 versus $5.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.82 versus $6.22).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,589.00 million or 31.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.40%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UTX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts