Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, was recognized for the eighth year in a row on Fortune magazine's “World's Most Admired Companies” list for 2014 in the Wholesalers: Electronics and Office Equipment category. Fortune continues to acknowledge Avnet’s strengths in people management, use of corporate assets, quality of management, financial soundness, long-term investment, and quality of products/services.
“Avnet thrives on helping technology make the world a better place to live, work and play,” said Rick Hamada, chief executive officer of Avnet, Inc. “Our inclusion on Fortune’s list of the ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’ validates our commitment to be the premier partner of choice for our customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders. We are honored by this ongoing recognition, and it motivates our dedicated, global team of employees to continue accelerating the success of our customers and business partners around the world.”
Fortune's rankings, described as the “definitive report card on corporate reputations,” are based on a survey of executives, directors and analysts who are asked to rate companies in their own industry on specific criteria from investment value to social responsibility. Only the best are listed – a company's score must rank in the top half of its industry survey to be on the “most admired” list. For more information about Fortune’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” visit http://www.fortune.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV