NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- General Electric (GE) CEO Jeff Immelt is backing up his confidence in the industrial conglomerate's operating improvement by investing his entire 2013 bonus in shares of the company.
Immelt bought 105,000 shares of GE on Monday, investing about $2.6 million, which was confirmed by a GE spokesperson.
Monday's "buy" order from Immelt followed a purchase by the CEO of 40,000 GE shares in January.
In his annual letter to shareholders, which will be published later in March, Immelt said,"I am investing right alongside of you. I have invested my entire bonus in GE stock. Like the rest of our leaders, I believe in GE."
data by YCharts Why You Should Celebrate Bank Stress Tests
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV