By market open, shares had taken off 7.3% to $7.51. Trading volume of 9.5 million was more than double its three-month daily average.
The Houston-based business recorded a net loss of $1.37 a share in its fourth quarter. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 15 cents a share.
Management also suspended guidance for the foreseeable future until it can implement organizational changes.Also See: Ford, GM Shares Buoyed by Hopes For March Tuesday Fun-One: From Brands to Blockbusters: 17 Winners and Losers STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MCDERMOTT INTL INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MCDERMOTT INTL INC (MDR) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MDR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV