Today Iconix Brand Group (ICON) Hits New Lifetime High
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Iconix Brand Group (ICON) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Iconix Brand Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ICON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.0 million.
- ICON has traded 5,481 shares today.
- ICON is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ICON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ICON NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ICON: Iconix Brand Group, Inc., a brand management company, engages in licensing, marketing, and providing trend direction for a portfolio of consumer and entertainment brands primarily in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Europe. ICON has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Iconix Brand Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for Iconix Brand Group has been 572,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Iconix Brand Group has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.74 and a short float of 16.8% with 13.96 days to cover. Shares are up 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iconix Brand Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ICON's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 68.53% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ICON should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ICONIX BRAND GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 18.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ICONIX BRAND GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.11 versus $1.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.59 versus $2.11).
- The gross profit margin for ICONIX BRAND GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. ICON has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ICON's net profit margin of 24.83% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 0.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $26.09 million to $26.15 million.
- You can view the full Iconix Brand Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV