HCA Holdings (HCA) Hits New Lifetime High
- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $106.4 million.
- HCA has traded 31,128 shares today.
- HCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services. HCA has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $22.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.73 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.05 days to cover. Shares are up 7.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $1,226.00 million or 2.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow HCA HOLDINGS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -34.07%.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 35.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $3.36 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.65 versus $3.36).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 35.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $314.00 million to $424.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- This stock has increased by 40.45% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in HCA do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV