BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The S&P 500 shed more 0.74% in yesterday's session -- the biggest single-day drop in a month -- on news that Russia was moving troops into the Ukraine amid escalating protests in the European nation. But as bad as things looked for U.S. markets, they were a lot worse overseas.
The EuroSTOXX 50 lost 3% on the day. Turkey's BIST 100 dropped more than 2%. And Russia's MICEX Index shed a whopping 10.8% on what amounted to a massive flight to quality away from the country's equities.It's not just national borders that are getting defensive right now; you need to be getting defensive with the names you own in your portfolio right now too. By and large, the U.S. market is one of the best-looking stock markets globally, but some long-ignored countries are starting to heat up again. So today, we're taking a closer technical look at trading Ukraine's crisis with three global markets worth buying this week -- and two you should avoid at all costs. >>5 Stocks Ready to Break Out For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV