Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- CLF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $153.3 million.
- CLF traded 70,367 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM.
- CLF is down 2.3% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLF: Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., a mining and natural resources company, produces iron ore and metallurgical coal. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cliffs Natural Resources a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cliffs Natural Resources has been 8.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cliffs Natural has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 2.59 and a short float of 36.1% with 6.90 days to cover. Shares are down 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cliffs Natural Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 92.46% to $460.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -35.16%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- CLF has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 21.43% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The gross profit margin for CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.47%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.85% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Cliffs Natural Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts