BELLEVUE, Wash., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Outerwall Inc. (Nasdaq: OUTR), a leader in automated retail, today announced more than $250,000 in general operating grants to support Seattle and Chicago metro area nonprofit organizations that are addressing local issues with innovative solutions. In addition to providing unrestricted funding, Outerwall is collaborating with grantees to create meaningful volunteer opportunities for its company employees.
This initiative is an extension of Outerwall's annual commitment to donate 1 percent of the previous year's after-tax profits to charitable causes. It also aligns with the company's goal to engage one-third of its workforce in volunteerism by 2015.
"We believe in playing an active role in the communities where our employees live and work by empowering organizations that are driving positive change," said Nicole Trimble, Senior Director of Corporate Responsibility at Outerwall. "Our new grant commitments offer nonprofits the flexibility to determine how resources should be allocated to achieve the greatest possible outcomes while engaging our employees in rewarding volunteer opportunities that complement their skills and interests."
Outerwall is awarding two types of grants, both of which will support nonprofit activities for a one-year period:Better Everyday Grants are awarded to nonprofits that help individuals develop skills and access opportunities to "create a better everyday" for themselves, their families and their communities.
- Seattle area grantees: Boys & Girls Clubs of King County; Childhaven; FareStart; Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County; Hopelink; and Treehouse
- Chicago area grantees: Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago; Chicago Cares; Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE Chicago); and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
- Seattle area grantees: Neighborhood House; Powerful Voices; and YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish
- Chicago area grantees: Center on Halsted; Chicago Tech Academy; and DuPage County ACT-SO program
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV