PARIS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless is to deploy Alcatel-Lucent's (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) advanced data management platform throughout its network, helping to support the carrier's LTE expansion.
The Alcatel-Lucent Subscriber Data Manager (SDM), part of the company's IMS Subsystem portfolio of technologies designed to enable rich multimedia applications, will help support the expansion of Verizon's LTE services by centralizing multiple application databases.
The deployment continues the role Alcatel-Lucent plays in the expansion of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, for which the company was named a key supplier for the IMS portion when the network was originally launched.
- Verizon Wireless has selected Alcatel-Lucent's SDM to help manage data traffic as the 4G LTE network continues to grow.
- SDM is part of Alcatel-Lucent's IMS (Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem) portfolio and will help centralize multiple individual databases across Verizon's 4G LTE and 3G networks.
- Verizon has chosen a comprehensive subscriber data management solution that also includes Alcatel-Lucent's SDM, Motive Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Server, Centralized Operations Manager, and SDM Expert products as well as the VoLTE feature set.
- Alcatel-Lucent was named as a key IMS supplier for Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network when it was announced in 2009 and has been providing multiple IMS services since that time.
- Working with Verizon Wireless to efficiently and cost effectively support network performance through IMS is aligned with The Shift Plan, the industrial strategy to reposition Alcatel-Lucent as a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV