Other SmartPath Worldwide News As well as the recent contract award to SmartPath at Frankfurt International Airport, Germany, and delivery of the system to India's Chennai International Airport, Honeywell's system is now installed at Sydney International Airport, Australia. Australia's Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) Airservices Australia has had GBAS operations added to its ANSP Operating Certificate. As a result, Airservices Australia is expecting the SmartPath GBAS at Sydney International Airport to go live without restriction in Q2 2014 pending the re-release of runway approaches and operator approvals. The addition of GBAS to its Operating Certificate allows Airservices Australia to commence network expansion to other airports where the capability meets aviation customer and airport operator needs.A pioneer in GBAS technology, Honeywell has demonstrated the benefits of the system at more than 15 airports around the world. Other airports to have selected the system include Houston, Texas; and Newark, New Jersey, in the U.S., as well as Bremen, Germany; Malaga, Spain; and Zurich, Switzerland, in Europe.
- Read more about the benefits of Honeywell's SmartPath
- Keep up-to-date on progress with the St Helena Airport Project
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace and on our Follow The Aero blog
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed