Pre-Market Activity Shows Heavy Volume And Movement For McDermott International (MDR)
- MDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.6 million.
- MDR traded 2.4 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:05 AM, representing 57.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MDR: McDermott International, Inc. operates as an engineering, procurement, construction, and installation (EPCI) company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Asia Pacific, Atlantic, and the Middle East. It focuses on designing and executing complex offshore oil and gas projects. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate McDermott International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for McDermott International has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. McDermott International has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 17.6% with 8.59 days to cover. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates McDermott International as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 226.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $50.61 million to -$64.07 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, MCDERMOTT INTL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MCDERMOTT INTL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 3.09%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -9.32% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$71.63 million or 487.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 34.37%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 228.57% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full McDermott International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.