NEW YORK, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The OTCM ADR Index powered by BNY Mellon DR Indices SM (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCDR; Thomson: DFCDR), the only index exclusively tracking American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trading on the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® marketplaces, rose 5.3% in the fourth quarter 2013, reflecting a slight increase in the value of component ADRs traded last quarter. The Index closed up 18.7% for the full year 2013.
"We are pleased with the performance of the OTCM ADR Index for the year," said R. Cromwell Coulson, President and CEO of OTC Markets Group. "U.S. investors continue to use ADRs as an efficient vehicle to invest internationally. As home to more than 1,500 ADRs from 39 countries, our OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink marketplaces provide a rich trove of global investment opportunities for any investor."
Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Securities within the OTCM ADR Index traded $26.5 billion in the fourth quarter, up 3% compared to the prior quarter.
- The top 10 most actively traded ADRs in the Index by dollar volume during the quarter were: Danone (OTCQX: DANOY), Deutsche Telekom AG (OTCQX: DTEGY) and Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY) which trade on OTCQX, the best marketplace for qualified companies, and Gazprom OAO (OTC Pink: OGZPY), LUKOIL Oil Co. (OTC Pink: LUKOY), Nestle S.A. (OTC Pink: NSRGY), Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (OTC Pink: NSANY), SOFTBANK Corp. (OTC Pink: SFTBY), Tesco PLC (OTC Pink: TSCDY) and Tokyo Electron Ltd. (OTC Pink: TOELY) which trade on OTC Pink and limit distribution of information to their home market.
- Top-performing component industries were technology (+13.4%), telecommunications (+10.7%) and consumer services (+5.9%). The worst-performing component industries were oil and gas (+0.7%), utilities (+1.7%) and healthcare (+4.4%).
- Thirteen new companies joined the Index in the fourth quarter, notably Allied Irish Banks, P.L.C. (OTCQB: AIBYY), Catlin Group Ltd. (OTC Pink: CNGRY), Cementos Argos S.A. (OTC Pink: CMTOY), Eutelsat Communications (OTC Pink: EUTLY), Jiangsu Expressway Company Limited (OTC Pink: JEXYY), Kone Oyj (OTC Pink: KNYJY), Mediolanum S.p.A. (OTC Pink: MDLAY), Metro AG (OTC Pink: MTTRY), Pruksa Real Estate PLC (OTC Pink: PKREY), Serco Group Plc. (OTC Pink: SECCY), Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. (OTC Pink: SMMYY) and Weir Group PLC (OTC Pink: WEIGY). Twenty-seven companies were removed from the Index during the quarter.
The OTCM ADR Index is a rules-based index that is market capitalization weighted, adjusted for free float, and has various liquidity screens to ensure tradability. It is also priced in real-time and disseminated on all electronic platforms. For a current list of all OTCM ADR Index constituents as well as real-time quotes, charts and data, visit the OTC Markets Group website, www.otcmarkets.com.For a list of market data vendors that distribute OTC Markets Level 2+ (OTCQX, OTCQB, OTC Pink, OTC Bonds) Quotes for all 1,500+ ADRs, visit the Market Data Vendors page on OTC Markets Group's website at http://www.otcmarkets.com/services/market-data/market-data-vendors/overview. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors cannot invest directly in the OTCM ADR Index. About BNY Mellon DR Indices BNY Mellon's DR Index team provides more than 140 indices, and there are now 17 ETFs trading in the U.S., Canada and Korea using BNY Mellon indices as their primary benchmarks. To learn more about BNY Mellon's DR Indices, visit www.bnymellondrindex.com. BNY Mellon acts as depositary for more than 2,700 American and global depositary receipt programs, acting in partnership with leading companies from 68 countries. BNY Mellon is committed to helping securities issuers access the world's rapidly evolving financial markets and delivers a comprehensive suite of depositary receipt services. Learn more at www.bnymellon.com/dr. About OTC Markets Group Inc. OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent and Connected financial marketplaces for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. Through our OTC Link® ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into marketplaces to better inform investors of opportunities and risks – OTCQX®, The Best Marketplace with Qualified Companies; OTCQB®, The Venture Stage Marketplace with U.S. Reporting Companies; and OTC Pink®, The Open Marketplace with Variable Reporting Companies. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price and empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality and availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient financial marketplaces, visit www.otcmarkets.com. OTC Link® ATS is operated by OTC Link LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and SEC registered ATS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV