Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath ® Technology Provides Guaranteed Sterility
ORANGEBURG, N.Y., March 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 2 nd – 8 th, is dedicated to heightening awareness to a variety of ways that patients can be more involved in their health care. Specifically highlighted is the issue of health care-acquired infection ("HAI") and steps patients can take to help prevent infections from developing.
Vision-Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:VSCI) supports patient safety awareness by encouraging patients to become more involved by asking questions about their medical treatment. This includes inquiring prior to their endoscopic procedure what precautions the medical facility will take to prevent unintended infections during their procedure."We support an educated and empowered consumer, and knowing about the issues and asking the right questions is part of that process," said Lewis C. Pell, Chairman and Co-founder of Vision-Sciences. "The more information a patient has, the more confident the patient can feel undergoing their diagnostically valuable endoscopic procedure." Patients need to know that many of the reported cases of HAI are caused by inadequately cleaned and tainted endoscopic equipment. As such, meticulous measures need to be taken to ensure the endoscopic procedure is performed with a safe, sterile instrument – reducing the risk of acquiring a health care-acquired infection. Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath ® Technology offers a safe, cost-effective solution. Be An Educated Consumer. Know Your Facts: 1. Conventional flexible endoscopes require a complicated, multi-step and time-consuming disinfection procedure that is susceptible to human error. 2. When a patient has the conversation with their physician concerning their endoscopic procedure, the patient has the right to ask about how the endoscope will be cleaned and prepared for their procedure with questions such as:
- Will the endoscope that will be used be sterilized?
- How will the cleaning process be done to ensure a patient ready device?
- Will the device be cleaned with caustic chemicals?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV