Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, today announced a range of detectable polymer technologies that can help original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers ensure products contain components and parts that meet their material specifications.
“Celanese is working with customers to help them meet their security and safety needs as they relate to protecting against counterfeiting,” said Stefan Kutta, global director, Celanese Transportation industry. “These technologies are especially important today in light of several recalls due to inferior and counterfeit materials.”
Engineered materials from Celanese are available with anti-counterfeiting technologies to help assist OEM and Tier suppliers in reducing the potential risk and loss of revenue from counterfeits in automotive parts, consumer products, medical devices, packaging and consumer electronics.
“Celanese material scientists have developed various traceability technologies to help customers avoid significant losses due to missed business opportunities, image-loss of brand, unwarranted claims for damages and patent infringements,” added Jos Bastiaens, European technology and innovation manager for Celanese. “Celanese can provide different solutions for customized product protection through anti-counterfeiting features in plastics.”Available anti-counterfeiting technologies include:
- Unambiguous part analysis based on unique engineered material additives;
- Ultraviolet-detectable technologies for enhanced quality control that are primarily used in the production of complex medical devices;
- Printing and laser marking technologies that allow Celanese engineered materials to be marked with a visible barcode, such as manufacturer, batch number and raw material/batch.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts