MAUMEE, Ohio, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) today marked the 30th anniversary of its representative office in Japan. This office was established as an important step in the company's efforts to build relationships with Japanese OEMs, especially those that had begun assembling vehicles in North America.
While Dana's presence in Japan dates back to 1972 with the launch of Najico Spicer, an axle manufacturing joint venture, Dana Japan Ltd. was officially established in 1984, with the opening of a sales office in Tokyo. Milestones followed in 2001 with the opening of the Dana Japan Engineering Center in Toyohashi City, and the 2004 formation of the Nippon Reinz joint venture in Yamato City for the manufacture of sealing products. Today, Dana has six facilities in Japan, employing more than 250 people, including the joint ventures.
"Because Japanese car makers account for a quarter of the vehicles produced globally today, Japan continues to be a key market for Dana," said Robert Pyle, president, Dana Light Vehicle Driveline Technologies and past president of Dana Asia-Pacific. "We are grateful for the support we've received over the past 30 years from our customers and partners here, and look forward to continued prosperous relationships as we remain committed to on-going growth globally with the Japanese OEMs."
Today, Dana serves nearly every major global and domestic OEM in Japan, including Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd, Fuji Heavy Industries, Hino Motors, Ltd., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Honda Motor Co., Iseki and Co., Ltd., Isuzu Motors Ltd., Komatsu Ltd., Mazda Motor Corp., Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp., Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Nissan Motor Co., Nissan Motor Light Truck Co., Suzuki Motor Corp., and Toyota Motor Corp.For more information, visit the updated Dana Japan website at www.dana.co.jp. Regional CommitmentDana and its affiliates have been operating in the Asia-Pacific region for more than 50 years. The company's footprint in the region currently includes 20 major facilities and four technology centers. These facilities support customers in the light-vehicle, commercial-vehicle, and off-highway markets. Growth in emerging markets is a primary focus for Dana, with 2013 sales in Asia-Pacific accounting for more than 20 percent of the company's overall revenues, including joint venture operations. Recent milestones for the company in the region include:
- inaugurating the Dana India Technical Center in Pune, India, in February 2014;
- opening a new driveshaft manufacturing facility in Lucknow, India, in December 2013;
- breaking ground on a new gear facility in Rayong, Thailand, in September 2013; and
- opening the Dana China Technical Center in Wuxi, China, in March 2013
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV