- An annual dividend increase of 35%, from $2.00 per share to $2.70 per share. The company's dividend payments will be made from general legal reserve from capital contributions and will be paid in U.S. dollars. These amounts are prior to the consideration of the proposed three-for-one stock split outlined below and will be adjusted accordingly if the stock split is approved by our shareholders. The first of four proposed installments is expected to be paid in July 2014.
- A new $500 million share repurchase program. Although we have $192 million remaining in our current program as of February 28, 2014, we are asking shareholders to authorize a new $500 million program to replace the current program and allow us to go farther out into the future expanding the company’s ability to buy back stock at attractive valuations.
- A three-for-one stock split. The company currently anticipates that the record date with the Commercial Register in the Canton of Zug will be May 12, 2014 and that the share distribution date will be May 22, 2014.
Allied World Proposes 35% Dividend Increase, New $500 Million Share Repurchase Authorization And Three-for-One Stock Split
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts