After the bell, shares had taken off 4.8% to $5.
The rare earth mineral miner recorded a net loss of 28 cents a share, a loss a penny wider than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated.
Revenue of $123.8 million was 7.8% lower than a year earlier and 17% lower quarter over quarter. Fourth-quarter product sales volume of 3,201 metric tons saw a 12% quarter-over-quarter decrease.Analysts had forecast quarterly revenue of $150.63 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MOLYCORP INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MOLYCORP INC (MCP) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MCP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV