Executing 3-in-3 Strategy to Advance 3 Next-Generation ERTs into Clinic in Next 3 Years
Reiterating FY14 Cash Spend Guidance of $54-$59 Million
CRANBURY, N.J., March 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq:FOLD), a biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of therapies for rare and orphan diseases, today announced financial results for the full-year ended December 31, 2013. The Company also provided program updates and reiterated full-year 2014 operating expense guidance.John F. Crowley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amicus Therapeutics, Inc., stated, "During 2013 we focused on strengthening our biologics business strategy to develop next-generation ERTs for patients with lysosomal storage diseases. Through our purchase of Callidus Biopharma, we have acquired a proprietary Pompe ERT as well as a peptide tagging technology that is complementary to our CHART platform. We believe that these technologies together provide a unique tool set to enhance enzyme activity, increase enzyme uptake into tissues, and potentially address the tolerability and immunogenicity associated with current ERTs. During 2014 we are strongly positioned and well capitalized to execute our 3-in-3 strategy to advance three next-generation ERTs into the clinical in the next three years, with lead programs in Fabry, Pompe and MPS I." Financial Highlights for Full Year Quarter Ended December 31, 2013
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities totaled $82.0 million at December 31, 2013 compared to $99.1 million at December 31, 2012.
- Total operating expenses decreased to $64.5 million compared to $71.3 million for the full-year 2012 primarily due to decreases in clinical development costs on the Fabry monotherapy program.
- Net cash spend was $47.1 million, within the full-year 2013 guidance range of $47-53 million.
- Net loss was $59.6 million, or $1.16 per share, compared to a net loss of $48.8 million, or $1.07 per share, for the full-year 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts