A trader purchased 40,000 September 5 calls at the $1.30 ask price, followed by subsequent blocks for $1.25 to $1.50, according to OptionMonster's tracking system. This is clearly fresh buying, as the volume was more than 1,700 times the previous open interest at the strike.
These calls lock in the price where a stock can be purchased through mid-September no matter how far it might climb. They could be sold at a profit if premiums rise with a rally before then, but the contracts could expire worthless if shares drop significantly.
Endeavour shares rose 5.35% to $5.12 on Monday, jumping after the calls hit. The options are pricing in a big move as the company tries to hold its 200-day moving average.Total option volume in the name topped 48,500 contracts, 30 times its daily average for the last month. Overall calls outnumbered puts by a bullish 17-to-1 ratio. McKhann has no positions in END.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV