With issues in Ukraine clearly weighing on U.S. equities, many are wondering if it's a good time to be in the SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD).
Cramer said investors should have 10% of their portfolio in the GLD ETF if they have a long-term view. With that said, he warned investors not to invest today because "it'll come back down."
Investors have been piling into the trade as a flight to safety, but it could easily fall $40 per ounce, which is when you want to buy, he said.Turning to tech, Cramer said he would take a pass on buying shares of Amazon (AMZN), which did not have a good earnings quarter. Cramer prefers Salesforce.com (CRM), which is off nearly 10% since it reported a top- and bottom-line earnings beat Thursday. Finally, Cramer said he actually likes Groupon (GRPN) at current levels, despite the company reporting a worse-than-expected earnings result. He argued the company has a lot of good assets and has been sold off enough in the short-term to warrant a long position. "Don't leave Groupon if you own it," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV