The company said it expects earnings per share of 76 cents to 79 cents in the first quarter, below the Capital IQ consensus estimate of 86 cents a share. The company said it expects full-year revenue of $540 million to $560 million, which surpasses the consensus estimate of $500.99 million.
For the fourth quarter of 2013, Akorn reported earnings per share of 14 cents, which was exactly in line with the consensus estimate. Revenue rose 18.9% year over year to $85 million, which beat analysts' estimates of $83.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV