3 Stocks Pulling The Services Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Amazon.com ( AMZN) is down $4.49 (-1.2%) to $357.61 on light volume. Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $356.55-$360.96 after having opened the day at $358.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $362.10. Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. The company operates in two segments, North America and International. Amazon.com has a market cap of $165.4 billion and is part of the retail industry. Shares are down 9.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amazon.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Amazon.com Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts