PBR.A, BP And SLB, Pushing Energy Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, Schlumberger ( SLB) is down $1.97 (-2.1%) to $91.03 on average volume. Thus far, 3.3 million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $90.87-$92.88 after having opened the day at $92.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.00. Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. It operates through three groups: Reservoir Characterization, Drilling, and Production. Schlumberger has a market cap of $120.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 3.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Schlumberger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Schlumberger Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts