TheStreet's Debra Borchardt said that it will be initially available in car manufacturers like Ferrari, Mercedes, and Volvo.
Automakers such as BMW, Ford
(F), General Motors
(GM), Toyota Motors
(TM), Honda Motor Company
(HMC), and Subaru will follow with the service as well.
CarPlay will allow the driver to use their phone hands-free, to place phone calls, listen to music and podcasts, get directions and speak with Siri.
Borchardt added that there has been some criticism about the name, CarPlay, as it has an odd similarity to Google's (GOOG) Google Play, which is the tech giant's name for its entertainment hub.Both stocks are lower in Monday's session, but not on the news from the auto world. Instead, unrest in Ukraine is weighing on most U.S. equities, she concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV