Steve Ballmer, Microsoft
Ballmer, 57, is the only one on this list that did not start or co-found the company to which he's associated with. Ballmer joined Microsoft as its 30th employee in June 1980, and went on to head several divisions, including operations, operating systems development, and sales and support, until he became CEO of the company in January 2000, officially replacing Gates.
Since then, Microsoft has underground a rocky relationship with the press, its shareholders and the tech world in general, which has seen Microsoft as something of a dinosaur which relies on its cash cows, Windows and Office, but coming up with little else to show for its efforts.Ballmer stepped down as CEO earlier this year, being replaced by the aforementioned Nadella, but not before he amassed an estimated personal net worth of $19.3 billion, good enough for No. 36 on the overall list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV