Jeff Bezos, Amazon
Bezos, 50, is seemingly hell-bent on dominating every facet of the consumer experience, as well as every area of retail. He's doing so, and profiting very handsomely, with an estimated net worth of $32 billion and coming in right behind Page at No. 18 on Forbes' overall list of the world's billionaires.
Amazon, which started as a bookseller, now sells everything you could possibly want on its Web site, from clothes to books to electronics to fine wines, art, and digital content.The Seattle-based Amazon earned a profit of 51 cents a share on $25.59 billion in revenue during the fourth quarter. That missed the expectations of analysts, who were expecting the company to earn 66 cents share on $26.06 billion. Ever the showman, Bezos recently went on 60 Minutes to talk about the company's new drone initiative, which Bezos hopes will one-day deliver the goods Amazon sells to customers, potentially cutting out its shipping partners, including UPS (UPS) and FedEX (FDX).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV