Larry Ellison, Oracle
Ellison, 69, is still going strong as the CEO of software company Oracle. He's fifth on the overall Forbes billionaires list with an estimated net worth of $48 billion, coming in only behind Gates, Carlos Slim, Amancio Ortega and Warren Buffett.
Oracle has faced intense competition in recent years from cloud computing companies, including Salesforce.com (CRM), run by former Oracle executive Marc Benioff. As a result, Oracle and Ellison have had to play catch-up, acquiring companies left and right, the last being BlueKai, a cloud-based big data platform.Oracle's last public acquisition was Acme Packet, which the company acquired in February 2013 for $2.1 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV