By late morning, shares had taken off 7.3% to $77.40.
The cosmetics direct-seller cut its first-quarter revenue guidance to between $650 million and $670 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated total sales of $732.19 million.
Projected net income of 90 cents to 94 cents a share came in short of consensus for $1.20 a share."The decrease in projected revenue versus our first-quarter guidance provided last November is primarily a result of the recent measures we have taken in China, slightly lower than anticipated revenue increases in other markets, and an anticipated impact of about $20 million associated with the reclassification of a small percentage of selling expenses. In addition, our first-quarter revenue guidance anticipates a 4 percent negative impact from foreign currency fluctuations," said CFO Ritch Wood in a statement. Also See: Nu Skin Announces Dividend Increase STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates NU SKIN ENTERPRISES as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NU SKIN ENTERPRISES (NUS) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NUS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV