Off the Tape
In his "Off the Tape" segment, Cramer sat down with Richard Thompson, CEO of Freshpet, a privately held organic pet food maker.
Thompson said that for decades there has been zero innovation in the pet food area, but now Freshpet is bringing healthy and organic pet foods to market. People prefer healthy and organic foods for themselves, so why not for their pets?
Unlike all other pet foods on the market, Freshpet's offerings are fresh and kept refrigerated. The company has 12,000 refrigerated displays in stores and tests have shown dogs prefer their blend 20 to 1 over dried, bagged foods, he said.Freshpet is also creating jobs with its new factory in Bethlehem, Pa. Most of Freshpet's ingredients are sourced locally from surrounding states. Cramer said he wishes he could own a share of this innovative company.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer reminded viewers that there are stock buybacks, and then there are stock buybacks that really matter. Most company buybacks sound big but end up being nothing more than a big waste of shareholder money. Take Exxon Mobil (XOM). That company should be growing, not buying back stock, Cramer said. That's why a stock like Continental Resources (CLR), which is growing, has seen its shares soar while Exxon flounders. Then there are stocks like AutoZone (AZO), which not only buys back shares, but does so opportunistically and aggressively. The chart of AutoZone will prove why it's never too late to buy into this stock. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV