Thermo Fisher is a lot more than just growth, however. Casper said his company has repurchased over $1.3 billing worth of stock and also rewards shareholders with dividends.
Cramer continued his recommendation of Thermo Fisher.
For the next installment of "Cramer's Playbook," Cramer answered the question, "What are the top three things recent college grads should keep in mind when investing?"
Cramer started off with a caveat: No one should be investing unless they've paid off their credit card debt. He said the high interest on credit cards can quickly undo any stock market gains, so any new investor should start debt-free.Cramer's first tip for new investors: invest to save. He said investing in stocks is a lot more fun than saving with bank CDs, plus when you invest in things you like it'll be a lot harder to sell later on. That makes the stock market a great place to start saving. Cramer's second tip: risk can be a good thing. Younger investors can afford to take more risks, Cramer said, as they'll have 40 years or more to make up any losses. Older investors need to be more cautious, but new investors can afford to speculate. Cramer's last tip for new investors: start early. Whether it's with a company 401(k) or an individual Roth IRA, Cramer urged all recent college grads to start investing as soon as they can.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Schlumberger (SLB), Zogenix (ZGNX), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) and Sysco (SYY). Cramer was bearish on Tesla Motors, Chegg (CHGG), Hercules Offshore (HERO), Molycorp (MCP), Ballard Power Systems (BLDP), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) and Vale (VALE).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV