Nathan also noted that shares of GM tend to be closely correlated to the yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury bond. Rates below 3% have been bad for the stock but with yields over 3%, things will likely be very positive.
Cramer agreed with Nathan's analysis, saying sales are picking up for GM. Now that the U.S. government has sold its stake, there's a lot more gain to be had for the company. If shares are able to extend above $39 a share, then the stock could easier rise to its highs near $42.
Keep on Trucking
The bull market in heavy-duty trucks continues to motor on, Cramer told viewers. Thanks to new fuel efficiency standards from the Obama administration, these stocks should keep on trucking for years to come.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Exact Sciences (EXAS), AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). Cramer was bearish on Invesco Mortgage Capital (IVR), Synovus Financial (SNV) and Arcos Dorados (ARCO).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV