NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Exxon Mobil (XOM) is hosting its analyst meeting Wednesday. TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said the oil giant doesn't have enough growth.
"People want growth," which a company like Continental Resources (CLR), provides, Cramer said.
Going one step further, he pointed out Exxon's stock would not have moved from $85 to $95 if it wasn't for some help from Warren Buffett, who took a position in the stock.
Buffett does not concern himself with short-term problems but focuses on long-term opportunities, Cramer noted. If that's the case, Exxon Mobil must have a 50-year plan. Exxon also returns a lot of cash to shareholders in the form of share buybacks and dividend payouts.
Turning to the automotive space, Cramer really likes General Motors (GM). The Action Alerts PLUS name looks like it's "going to break out here," he said. Cramer said the company actually benefits from a rising interest rate environment because it cuts down on its pension obligations.He added CEO Mary Barra will be able to put vehicle recalls behind the company while finding continued success in China. Cramer also likes the 3.2% dividend yield. After falling nearly 10% for the year to date, Cramer advised investors to "buy GM right here."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV