"I think Boeing is terrific," TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said on CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment.
He added that it didn't make sense to downgrade or sell the stock ahead of the Farnborough Air Show in July.
He added that CEO James McNerney has done a "remarkable job" as the company has built up a "seven-year backlog" of orders."This is when you should be buying Boeing," Cramer said, although he knows most investors are unlikely to step in during a selloff. When the stock settles down, it's a buy, he said. Turning to American International Group (AIG), CEO Bob Benmosche will step down on Sept. 1. Peter Hancock, the current CEO of AIG's Property Casualty division, will assume the AIG CEO position. Benmosche has told me that he would never leave without leaving the company in good hands, Cramer said. People want to sell the stock down on this news, Cramer added. But he reminded investors that the stock trades below book value and has an attractive share buyback program. His contacts indicate that "Hancock is exactly the man for the job," Cramer concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: FDA Delays Decision on Orexigen Obesity Pill by 3 Months 7 Ways Small Businesses Can Use Online Marketing to Boost Revenue Finisar Is the Best Turnaround Company Someone Else May Buy 16% Yield in an ETN? Is There Anything that Could Go Wrong? Well...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV