"I think Amazon is going to take off," said TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. If Piper Jaffray is correct, the stock could zoom back to its pre-earnings level near $400, he reasoned.
Turning to another high-dollar stock, Cramer noted AutoZone (AZO) is feeling the love from analysts. Citigroup bumped its price target to $620 from $545, while R.W. Baird increased its price target to $550 from $500.
"People have to focus right now because this stock's about to go up very big," Cramer said.He pointed out the company's buyback program remains very aggressive, cutting the share count in half over the past five years. "It's time to buy," he reiterated for one of the few companies that actually benefits from the brutal winter weather that has wreaked havoc on much of the U.S. The company has the "best management in the industry" and is also one of the most shareholder-friendly companies, he concluded.
- - Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV