DALLAS, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) today announced the next phase of its international service by offering Customers new Southwest Airlines flights to both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts of Mexico, as well as other new domestic and international flying, as the carrier extended flight schedules through Oct. 31, 2014. Sale fares can be found on southwest.com through March 13.
Beginning Aug. 10, 2014, Southwest Airlines will operate daily, nonstop flights between:
- Cancun, Mexico, and Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington, and (Saturdays only) Milwaukee
- San Jose del Cabo/ Los Cabos, Mexico, and Santa Ana/ Orange County
- Nassau, Bahamas, and (Saturdays only) Atlanta
To celebrate the new service, Southwest Airlines is offering introductory fares (including U.S. and non-U.S. taxes and fees) for nonstop flights from these U.S. gateways:
- Atlanta, Georgia, to Nassau, Bahamas for as low as $127 one-way
- Baltimore/Washington, Maryland, to Nassau, Bahamas for as low as $126 one-way
- Denver, Colo., to San Jose del Cabo/ Los Cabos, Mexico for as low as $192 one-way*
- Orlando, Fla., to Montego Bay, Jamaica for as low as $148 one-way
- Milwaukee, Wisc., to Cancun, Mexico for $214 one-way
- Santa Ana/ Orange County, Calif., and San Jose del Cabo/ Los Cabos, Mexico for $143 one-wayRestrictions apply. See Fare Rules below.
As the planned conversion of wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways' destinations continues, Southwest intends to serve five countries previously served by AirTran by the end of this year. The carrier previously announced service to Aruba, Nassau, and Montego Bay, beginning July 1, 2014, and throughout this booking window is adding domestic connectivity through international gateway cities to many of the more than 80 cities served by Southwest Airlines across the United States. Read more about the phased connectivity on NUTS About Southwest, the Company's corporate blog. All these international nonstop flights and connecting itineraries between the U.S. and these countries are available to book now at southwest.com.The Company's phased rollout of international nonstop with domestic connecting service also brings new options for Denver Customers who have made Southwest Airlines the largest air carrier in Colorado. *Beginning in October 2014, Southwest Airlines will offer nonstop service between Denver and:
- Cancun , with daily roundtrip flights beginning Oct. 7, 2014; and
- San Jose del Cabo/ Los Cabos , with Saturday-only service beginning Oct. 11, 2014