Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/5/14, AllianceBernstein National Municipal Income Fund (AFB) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.0729, payable on 3/21/14. As a percentage of AFB's recent stock price of $13.09, this dividend works out to approximately 0.56%, so look for shares of AllianceBernstein National Municipal Income Fund to trade 0.56% lower — all else being equal — when AFB shares open for trading on 3/5/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for AFB, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.0729 declared by AllianceBernstein National Municipal Income Fund:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from AFB is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 6.68% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of AFB shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, AFB's low point in its 52 week range is $11.87 per share, with $15.58 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $13.07.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, AFB makes up 1.01% of the CEF Municipal Income ETF (XMPT) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Monday. In Monday trading, AllianceBernstein National Municipal Income Fund shares are currently up about 0.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV