BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks are bracing for impact this morning, pointed sharply lower in reaction to Europe's Ukraine crisis-fueled selloff. It's the first whiff of a correction since January, and it's likely to slap some of the weak hands off of stocks to start this week.
After all, following a full month of nearly straight-up price action, U.S. equities are sitting at the top of their price channel from the last year. That means that it's time for sellers to take the reigns again.But even as selling pressure looks likely, the "Rocket Stocks" are providing investors with an outperformance plan this week. To take advantage, we're turning to five new ones today. For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 238 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 82%. >>5 Stocks to Sell Before It's Too Late Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV