Dendreon reported a loss of 17 cents per share, which beat the Capital IQ consensus estimate of a loss of 24 cents a share by seven cents. Revenue decreased 8.3% year-over-year to $74.8 million, which beat the consensus estimate of $72.89 million.
The company announced that it plans to make PROVENGE, its advanced prostate cancer treatment drug, available in Europe. The drug will first be available in the U.K. and Germany.
"Bringing PROVENGE commercially to Europe marks a major milestone for Dendreon," said Chairman, President and CEO John H. Johnson in the company's statement. "Both urology and oncology key opinion leaders in Europe have expressed a desire to have PROVENGE available to their patients and it is evident that there is pre-market demand as the first - and only - personalized immunotherapy approved for the treatment of mCRPC. We are pleased to be able to make PROVENGE available to oncologists and urologists and their prostate cancer patients in this important market."Must Read: Trade-Ideas: Dendreon (DNDN) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV