NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mark Penn has been named the chief strategic officer of Microsoft (MSFT). "Wait a second. Is this business as usual?" TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, wondered.
Cramer pointed out that Penn is the man who is responsible for creating the slow-growth entity that most people think of Microsoft as today. He thinks there should be a management shakeup, not a management promotion. "To me it sounds like the change is not going to come" at Microsoft, he said.
Turning to Tesla Motors (TSLA), Cramer said JPMorgan upped its price target to $164 from $137 based on 2020 vehicle sales. The analyst also upped its 2020 sales forecast to 288,000 vehicles from 228,000 vehicles.
The price target bump doesn't trump Morgan Stanley's recent target assignment of $320, Cramer noted.This shows that while the bears are doing everything they can, "Tesla is not done going higher," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV