MeetMe, Inc. (NYSE MKT:MEET), the public market leader for social discovery, announced today that Co-founder and Vice President of Brand Strategy Catherine Cook will speak this week at SXSW. Cook’s presentation, titled “ Starting Up in a Man’s World,” will focus on some of the challenges female entrepreneurs face when launching a tech startup.
“Starting Up in a Man’s World” will highlight the traits unique to women that can be huge strengths in the entrepreneurial journey through the male-dominated tech industry. In her presentation, Cook will share her personal story – from co-founding her own company at the age of 15 years old to being on the management team of a successful, publicly-traded company today.
“There are very few female entrepreneurs and leaders, especially in the tech industry,” said Cook. “While being a woman might seem like a disadvantage in that regard, I believe that women actually possess many qualities that can make us much stronger entrepreneurs. My ultimate goal is to empower potential female entrepreneurs and help them recognize those valuable qualities.”
Cook’s presentation, part of the Future15 series, will be on Friday, March 7 th at 3:30 p.m. in Ballroom F of the Austin Convention Center.About MeetMe, Inc. MeetMe® is the leading social network for meeting new people in the US and the public market leader for social discovery (NYSE MKT:MEET). MeetMe makes meeting new people fun through social games and apps, monetized by both advertising and virtual currency. With 70% of traffic coming from mobile, MeetMe is fast becoming the social gathering place for the mobile generation. The company operates MeetMe.com and MeetMe apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Russian, Japanese, Dutch Turkish and Korean.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV