WALLDORF, Germany, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- An increasing number of companies are looking to balance travelers' demand for choice and flexibility with the need to prioritize cost containment and compliance with corporate travel programs. In an effort to make business travelers' lives easier and companies' travel processes more efficient, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced enhancements to the SAP® Cloud for Travel and Expense solution, with new capabilities that improve and simplify the user experience.
Built to help users manage travel on their mobile device, the latest updates to SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense make travel and expense management simpler, faster and richer than ever before with new features that include:
Improved user experience
- HTML5 user interface: An enhanced user experience runs natively in modern browsers across operating systems with new Internet technologies. With no browser plug-ins or installation requirements, customer roll out is made simple.
- Windows Phone 8 support: Addressing the growing number of Windows smartphone operating system users, native application support is available for Windows Phone 8, in addition to Apple iOS with iPhone and iPad, Android and BlackBerry.
- Integration with the SAP® Jam social software platform: In addition to automatic integration with the SAP® ERP application, incorporation with SAP Jam enables employees to collaborate effectively within one corporate social network solution.
- Increased flexibility: Customers can flag fields as mandatory, optional or hidden, allowing travelers to more easily prioritize important fields and claim their expenses with increased data accuracy. In addition, users can automatically itemize and handle items, claim mileage, manage attachments in approvals, view various attachment types and recall expense reports.
- Accelerated analytics and business processes: Leveraging real-time Big Data capabilities, existing and new customers can manage their travel and expenses faster than ever before with the solution running fully on the SAP HANA® platform.
- Simplified compliance with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act: The federal act for medical devices and pharmaceutical companies requires manufacturers of drugs, devices or medical supplies to report to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, on an annual basis, payments or transfers of value made to physicians. With online integration to the MedProID® practitioner database, users can now access up-to-date identity information and seamlessly retrieve them in SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense to meet federal requirements.