SALT Conference To Convene The World's Top Investment Icons, Business Leaders, Policy-Makers And Economists In Las Vegas, May 13-16, 2014
NEW YORK, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Some of the world's most diverse and influential leaders will be featured at the SALT Conference , the global investment management industry's premier thought leadership forum and power networking event, taking place May 13-16, 2014 at the Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. This invitation-only event – hosted by SkyBridge Capital, a global alternative investment firm - will convene approximately 1,800 thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors to discuss macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities for the year ahead.
"As volatile global markets and geo-political tensions continue to weigh on investor sentiment and create uncertainty, SALT is a forum for the world's leading minds in business, finance, economics and politics to discuss, debate, and exchange ideas while identifying potential solutions," said Victor Oviedo, partner and global head of business development at SkyBridge Capital. "We have structured the program to focus in real-time, so participants may gain ideas that are applicable and actionable in today's current market environment."
SALT's program aims to explore the impact that the global capital markets, innovation, technology and leadership have on the alternative investment industry's growth and stability. This year's agenda includes discussions among diverse thought leaders and sessions highlighting the world's top investors' best ideas. SALT program highlights and notable speakers include:
- A conversation between one of the world's top government leaders and General David. H. Petraeus, Director, Central Intelligence Agency (2011-2012); Commander of U.S. and International Security Assistance Forces-Afghanistan (2010-2011); Commander, U.S. Central Command (2008-2010); Commander, Multinational Force-Iraq (2007-2008);
- One-on-one interviews with investment icons, Jamie Dinan , Chairman & CEO, York Capital Management; David M. Rubenstein , Co-Founder & Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group; and David Tepper , Founder & President, Appaloosa Management LP;
- Featured presentations from Kenneth G. Langone , President & CEO, Invemed Associates LLC and Co-Founder of The Home Depot; Valerie Jarrett , Senior Advisor to the President of the United States and Assistant to the President for Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs; and Mary Schapiro , Chairman U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (2009-2012);
- Meeting of the Minds: A Discussion on Global Fiscal Policy Challenges & Economic Realities: A timely conversation featuring distinguished economists, Lawrence H. Summers , Charles W. Eliot University Professor, Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government & Director, White House National Economic Council (2009-2010); and Nassim Taleb , New York Times Bestselling Author, "The Black Swan" & Distinguished Scientific Advisor, Universa Investments;
- Keynote presentations from two of the leading minds in entertainment: Francis Ford Coppola , Academy Award Winning Film Director, Producer & Screenwriter; and Kevin Spacey , Academy Award-Winning Actor & Producer; and
- Panels on identifying investment themes for the year ahead, navigating today's rising interest rate environment, the new age of investor activism, opportunities in credit, power and politics, China and emerging markets, and key trends and developments shaping Wall Street's regulatory landscape.
To view the full agenda, request an invitation to attend, obtain information on sponsorship packets and speaking opportunities, please visit http://www.saltconference.com. For the latest information you can also follow @SALTConference on Twitter, and join the conversation by using #SALT2014.About SALT and SkyBridge Capital The SkyBridge Alternatives (SALT) Conference is committed to facilitating balanced discussions and debates on macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities within the context of a dynamic global economy. With thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors from over 42 countries and 6 continents, the SALT Conference provides an unmatched opportunity for attendees from around the world to connect with global leaders and network with industry peers. In addition to the flagship SALT Conference which takes place in Las Vegas every May, SALT Asia will take place at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, October 21-24, 2014. SALT is produced by SkyBridge Capital, a global alternative investment firm with approximately $9.6 billion in assets under advisement or management as of December 31, 2013. The firm provides investment management products, portfolio management and advisory services addressing every type of market participant. SkyBridge offers investment services for commingled funds of hedge funds products, customized separate account portfolios and hedge fund advisory services. Headquartered in New York, the firm also has a presence in Zürich, Switzerland. For media registration and speaker interview requests, please contact: Samantha NelsonEdelman(212) 704 4589 Samantha.Nelson@edelman.com SOURCE SkyBridge Capital
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts