March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LiqTech International, Inc. (NYSE: LIQT) ("LiqTech") is pleased to announce that the Company received a purchase order of approximately
USD 300,000 for a prototype system based upon the LiqTech SiC membranes. The algae system will be based on a new development in the membrane technology from LiqTech.
The prototype system will be used to concentrate an algae stream as a part of the harvesting process. Preliminary tests have shown that the LiqTech SiC membranes offer a higher throughput, high algae concentration and require less energy compared to other membrane products.
Mr. Finn Helmer, LiqTech CEO, remarked, "The algae market has been identified as one of our major emerging market opportunities. A number of industries ranging from oil companies, chemical companies, pharmaceuticals and others, have identified opportunities in harvesting algae. More efficient harvesting processes are required to reduce production cost and the use of SiC membranes will be a key element in reducing cost thereby improving profitability for the end-users."
"LiqTech is currently active in this field in Australia, North America, Europe and the Middle East, working together with market leading players. We expect to see more orders for prototype systems and we are actively bidding for a few large projects."
ABOUT THE ALGAE MARKETThe global algae biomass market is worth between 3.5 and 5 billion € (EURO), with a high level of SME (small and medium sized enterprises) participation. Of this total, the health food sector accounts for €1.5 billion and the aquaculture applications account for €0.5 billion. For additional details about the algae market, please go to: http://www.algaemax.eu/more-in-detail.html The algae market is expected to grow substantially as improved growth, harvesting and refining processes are developed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV