LITTLE ROCK, Ark., March 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Hosted Solutions (Nasdaq:WIN), one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosting solutions, today announced the official opening of its fourth data center in Charlotte, N.C., bringing its nationwide total to 27.
The new enterprise-class data center is currently 39,300 square feet, with 10,380 square feet of raised floor space. Using a phased approach, Windstream Hosted Solutions plans to expand this new Charlotte data center to a total of 60,800 total square feet, with more than 20,500 square feet of raised floor space.
The state-of-the-art facility is the latest addition to Windstream Hosted Solutions' nationwide network of data centers, all designed to deliver colocation, dedicated server, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to enterprise customers all over the U.S."Demand for cloud-based and dedicated managed services continues to increase exponentially," said Chris Nicolini, Windstream's senior vice president of data center operations. "At Windstream, we are committed to designing and building data centers equipped with the highest levels of security and safety, with the redundancy and reliability our customers need, and the technology and scalability necessary to grow as their business grows." "The greater Charlotte area has become a major enterprise data center hub with continued market growth expected," said Kelly Morgan, research manager at 451 Research. "Key sectors driving demand include financial services, transportation, healthcare, energy and education. Charlotte has also become an attractive hosting location for many of the top social media sites and content providers due to the availability of inexpensive power, robust fiber network infrastructure, educated workforce, and the advantage of locating in a relatively protected area from natural disasters." This newest Charlotte data center features:
- 2N modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed
- Customer cabinets served with redundant A-Side/B-Side power feeds
- 3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA
- 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW
- High efficiency chillers with 530 tons of cooling capacity, expandable to 1350 tons
- Fire suppression, including both FM200 and Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection system
- High capacity, burstable, carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers
- Customer workspace and build rooms
- On-site Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support
- High level of security controls, including two-factor method authentication consisting of biometric finger scan and access badge, electronic verification by Windstream Hosted Solutions personnel, video surveillance and individually secured cabinets requiring unique laser-etched keys
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts