LONDON, MUNICH and PARIS, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, announced today plans to further increase its commitment to Europe with new strategic investments after posting full fiscal year 2014 revenue growth of 41 percent in Europe. In response to record revenue growth and customer momentum in Europe, salesforce.com announced it plans to add more than 500 new jobs across Europe during its fiscal year 2015. The company also plans to open new data centres in the U.K., France and Germany. Salesforce.com plans to open its first data centre in the U.K. in August 2014, with additional data centres to open in France and Germany in 2015.
These investments build on salesforce.com's longstanding commitment to Europe and continued demand from companies of all sizes, including BMW Group, Pernod Ricard, and Zeiss, that are turning to salesforce.com to transform their businesses with Salesforce1, the world's only customer platform for the Internet of Customers.
Comments on the News:
- "Cloud computing is at the heart of growth and innovation in Europe, which is why salesforce.com delivered full fiscal year 2014 revenue growth of 41 percent in Europe," said Miguel Milano, president, EMEA, salesforce.com. "Our tremendous growth and customer momentum is why salesforce.com is significantly increasing its investment in Europe by adding 500 new jobs and opening three new data centres across Europe, in the U.K., France and Germany."
- "The U.K. has a growing reputation as the leader in the European digital economy and we welcome this new investment," said Stephen Kelly, Chief Operating Officer for Government. "Within the U.K. Government we are driving a policy of 'Cloud First' to improve the way the public sector manages crucial functions, engages with citizens and delivers value for taxpayers."
- "The Financial Conduct Authority selected Salesforce1 as our key platform for authorising and supervising all the firms that we regulate. This amounts to some 27,000 firms today and will increase by a further 40,000 firms when the FCA starts regulation of all firms providing consumer credit on April 1, 2014," said Gareth Lewis, CIO, Financial Conduct Authority. "Salesforce1 is a key platform for us, and will be instrumental in helping us meet our strategic objective to ensure that the relevant markets function well."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts