MCLEAN, Va., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is pleased to report that Classified Ventures, LLC has agreed to sell Apartments.com, which represents approximately one-fourth of Classified Ventures net income, for $585 million to CoStar Group Inc. (Nasdaq: CSGP). The transaction is subject to regulatory approval, and Classified Ventures expects the transaction to close during the second quarter of 2014.
Gannett owns a 26.9% interest in Classified Ventures. Gannett's portion of the purchase price of the sale of Apartments.com is expected to total approximately $155 million, which will be distributed at closing.
The company expects to use the proceeds of the sale to reduce debt and for other purposes consistent with Gannett's stated capital allocation strategy.
About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 110 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120103/PH28972LOGO SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV