Covidien plc (NYSE: COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products and recognized innovator in patient monitoring and respiratory care devices, today announced its Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator has received European Economic Area (EEA) CE Mark approval.
The new acute care ventilator from Covidien—designed to be simple, safe and smart—helps enable patients, from neonatal to adult, to breathe more naturally † through some of the most innovative breath technology available.
“We are excited to introduce our next-generation acute ventilation platform, the Puritan Bennett 980 ventilator,” said Cristiano Franzi, president, Europe, Covidien. “Building on Covidien’s strong legacy of innovation, the Puritan Bennett 980 ventilator will provide clinicians with a simple, safe and smart way to care for patients.”
The Puritan Bennett 980 ventilator system is for patients ranging from neonatal to adult. The ventilator system was also approved for commercial distribution in the U.S., Japan and Canada and will be available for sale in those countries as well as the EEA in the coming months. For more information about the Puritan Bennett 980 ventilator, please visit www.covidien.com/PB980.†Compared to conventional mechanical ventilation ABOUT COVIDIENCovidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien develops, manufactures and sells a diverse range of industry-leading medical device and supply products. With 2013 revenue of $10.2 billion, Covidien has more than 38,000 employees worldwide in more than 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 150 countries. Please visit www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV