SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) today released SketchUp 2014, the latest version of its popular 3D modeling platform for architects, engineers, design and construction professionals, as well as members of the global maker community. SketchUp 2014 features major enhancements to SketchUp's 3D Warehouse—the world's largest repository of free, high-quality, 3D content—as well as new tools that improve the classification of design objects, tighten interoperability with other products used in Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows, and make professional documentation more efficient.
With more than 30 million unique activations in the past year, SketchUp is the most widely used 3D modeling software in the world today. Spanning SketchUp Pro for professional users and SketchUp Make for hobbyists and enthusiasts, the new release marks Trimble's second major update to SketchUp software in the past 10 months and reinforces the company's commitment to continuously improve SketchUp with easier ways to create, access, share and collaborate on 2D drawings and 3D models.
"SketchUp's power lies in its simplicity and flexibility, which has led to its use in projects as diverse as designing a doghouse in the backyard or modeling the bracing for the World Trade Center Transportation Hub in New York," said Chris Keating, director of the Architecture Division within the Trimble Buildings Group. "As SketchUp's professional footprint expands, access to content and broad interoperability are vital issues to our customers. With SketchUp 2014, we're giving users better tools to easily access the models they need and to ensure those models add value throughout the information modeling process."
New 3D Warehouse: Where Content is KingSketchUp's 3D Warehouse is an online repository for finding, storing and sharing useful 3D models. In SketchUp 2014, the 3D Warehouse has been rebuilt, making it easier for users to quickly find the models they need, create and organize their own collections, and share them with the world.
- The new 3D Warehouse now features an integrated WebGL viewer, enabling users to preview and orbit models in full 3D before downloading them into their own projects.
- Users can now upload 3D models directly from their Web browsers, without first opening them in SketchUp, while the maximum size of uploadable models has been increased from 10 to 50 megabytes.
- The new Product Catalogs feature speeds the task of finding specific manufacturers' products—from windows to washing machines—letting users start their models with the exact items they intend to use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV